Yes, the great sage Maharishi Mahesh Yogi spoke to some of this development
back in the 20th Century.  There is at least one lecture on the 500 hours of
MMY lectures thumb drive where he speaks of this aspect of spiritual
development.

Recently someone reading this particular thread here on FFL handed me an audio
CD of MMY with a lecture about this.  The composite of both the thumb drive and
CD would make a good transcript on the subject.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 ..it is the vagus or tenth cranial nerve that is the most receptive to this
solar fire or energy, the spiritual fire coming down, the fire of the
macrocosm. This fire energizes humans and uses them to express the qualities of
love and wisdom. There also is a fire by friction in the center of the earth
called the kundalini fire. The human is the focal point of these two fires or
forces which play through him and activate his seven centers of light. The
kundalini is a negatively charged energy which is activated by the positively
charged energy, the spiritual fire, which is located in the central spiritual
sun.
 It is said that at a propitious time kundalini hears the call of her mate and
rises from her cave in the base of the human spine to meet him. The kundalini
fire is aroused as a final step in one's spiritual development, and it can only
travel up a clear, pure channel, activating the chakras as it goes. While this
is happening, the latent powers within one are also coming into full expression
in a natural way. It is the way that one through many rebirths, and now rapidly
through meditation, moves from mortality to immortality. [excerpt]

 FFL 419964 A Biography of Charlie Lutes and Helen Lutes:

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Once I heard M directly telling the classical analogy of these energies
circulating in the energy centers of the nervous system. The classical analogy
..like a snake circulating with its tail in its mouth, circulating through the
energy centers, and his comment that Transcendental Meditation is what takes
the tail out of the snake’s mouth and then allows the snake to circulate
freely. I directly heard him saying this one time on a course in Switzerland
and then sometime later that year while I was back in the USA teaching then
hearing someone recount Maharishi as saying (as if literally) ‘there is a snake
in the spine’, etc.  Jeez people!
 I feel he stopped publicly talking about these aspects of embodiment of the
primordial in the light body of the human being as it was too distracting for
where a lot of people were at and where the  development of science was at in
that time such that science then could not back up what is the spiritual
reality.

 Obviously the instrumentation is not yet there to image this and put a handle
on it.  That sort of technological imaging in science research proly will catch
up with spirituality in time.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Yes, as breath is also intimate to the heart and subtle system it seems that
working on alignment of these subtle energy systems of the spiritual nervous
system is a lot of where so many of the meditating community have gone on to.
 I have been going to these planning meetings with various movement people and
it is pretty clear that some of those still narrowly vested in the strict ™
consciousness paradigm  don’t really get where people have gone in their
spiritual experience.  More recently with the opening up of mental health
policy inside TM, some clinical thinkers are moving to the direction of
‘integral’ medicine but that only goes to incorporating cognitive modality as
their means of getting to the heart of spiritual problems.  That is okay as one
modality. The communal satsang of the old meditating community evidently has
cultivated other experience with it.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sun...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I am predicting that breath, or prana will at some point, become a focus of
western medicine. Probably before interest in something like energy centers
takes hold.
 The Upanishads, in particular, talk about the different breaths, and the
functions they perform.  Breath may be something people can understand better
than say, chakras.

 Another area which has little or no public awareness is that of sexual energy,
and how it pertains to overall health and mental acuity, at least as I see it.

 M stopped talking much about it publicly at points when faced with an
intellectual skepticism about these energy centers:  ‘Thin lines of energy
flowing in the central nervous system? ’ ..'Where exactly?'

 Comparing to the science then at that time growing on 'consciousness' defined
by meditation then to also describe and defend a subtle system which science
has yet to be able to even image would be daunting at best given where people
and science was at in time.  But clearly it was where he was going in his
teachings and methods even to his last techniques in marma, vibrational
modalities and the Ved and Physiology practice.  The guy was a visionary, sage,
empiricist and necessarily practical going forward. We don't have so much
guidance coming out of TM about it other than ideas of stress release and
meditation checking so people over the years have also gone on in their
experience.

 Yes, thanks for the reply.  I do believe that spiritual development is a
tricky endeavor, and that complications can arise, either due to an awakening
of kundalini, or just an expanding of awareness.  I suppose it is helpful to
have a support network to help sort things out, and lend a helping hand if
necessary.

 Of course, like anything, you can carried away by too much analysis, which can
lead to mood making and other weird diversions .  Always difficult to find the
right balance.

 Still sorting that out in my own life

 Yep, regardless of which meditation or spiritual practice some people can have
trouble with kundalini flow (subtle energy centers) as their spirituality comes
on or grows.  Evidently it is not by meditation necessarily but also occurs
separately for some various people as kundalini development in the central
subtle nervous system. Able to surface at any point as the spiritual system may
grow, sometimes in the new spiritual aspirant or in long practiced or
cultivated people.  This as its own continuum is different from the
consciousness ‘awakening’ continuum that gets focused on in the TM community or
at Rick’s batgap, but can have its own development to talk about on continuum
different than consciousness development.

 In satsang around Fairfield, Iowa people can surface periodically with
troubles in the flow of their Kundalini subtle system.  This is particularly
different than say psychological breaks like bi-polar and such.
 It was not something we were much guided in but there is a cohort of intuitive
people and experienced people round who can be helpful to folks whose subtle
systems are in rough times and not integrated enough in some ways to be easier
with being a conduit for evidently more primordial energy referred to as
kundalini, or the holy-ghost in x-ianity.  It can be a topic of conversation
around Fairfield on different levels.

 an particulars in this regard?

 In TM we did not get much guidance on this but those are interesting sutras to
use.
 My wife in community working as an RN, being intuitive, and being an old
meditation teacher has been running into some people who are amidst some
openings of kundalini. That has its spiritual reality for some people which in
some ways is also physiologic to the human psycho-spiritual system. .
 Card’s sequence of sutras as energy centers that are in the YS may well be
relevant. Also it seems was where Maharishi was going with his last technique,
the Ved and Physiology technique. The sutras like that Ved and Physiology
process can be handy to energetically reference;  along with some kind of
mindful intent like these kind of directives in the yoga sutras in checking of
the flow for some people in their mists and rough with it all.  Some things
sort of like in point 30 of the old checking notes, if you remember those.

 Going to these YS chapters and verse are like going back to reading my tractor
repair manual for figuring out my tractor’s ignition system that just went
haywire. 10th cranial nerve?  Sometimes you just have to go sit and attend to
it under a shade tree.  But figure it out also by going to an old tractor
mechanic who has more experience with it.

ultrarishi offers: You might be interested in the work of Stephen Porges and
his Polyvagal Theory.

 "..the physiological counterpart of kuurma-naaDii might well be the vagus
nerve, which is the main parasympathetic nerve,"

 In the human, who is the highest expression of God on earth, it is the vagus
or tenth cranial nerve that is the most receptive to this solar fire or energy,
the spiritual fire coming down, the fire of the macrocosm. This fire energizes
humans and uses them to express the qualities of love and wisdom.
 =Charlie Lutes

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <hepa7@...> wrote :

 Number 5, at least in my set (English: BT?), is the one that seems to
correspond YS III 31:

 kuurma-naaDyaaM* sthairyam.

 Some translations:

 kUrmanaaDyaaM sthairyam
 [HA]:
Calmness Is Attained By Samyama On The Bronchial Tube.
 [IT]: (32):
 (By performing Samyama) on the Kurma-nadi steadiness.
 [VH]:
On the tortoise duct (tortoise), steadiness.
 [BM]:
From perfect discipline of the “tortoise vein,” one’s being becomes steady.
 [SS]: (32):
 By samyama on the kurma nadi (a subtle tortoise-shaped tube located below the
throat), motionless in the meditative posture is achieved.
 [SP]:
(32) By making samyama on the tube within the chest, one acquires absolute
motionlessness.
 [SV]: (32):

 On the nerve called Kurma (comes) fixity of the body.
 ---------
 I used to think that the "oiling" of joints, less tight muscles and harder
*rections after doing siddhis was mainly due to flying, but now it seems to me
the main culprit might well be actually the BT above, after doing it a couple
of times in isolation, or whatever.
 It seems to me the physiological counterpart of kuurma-naaDii might well be
the vagus nerve, which is the main parasympathetic nerve, I believe. Wiki:
  The parasympathetic system is responsible for stimulation of
"rest-and-digest" or "feed and breed"[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasympathetic_nervous_system#cite_note-2
activities that occur when the body is at rest, especially after eating,
including sexual arousal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_arousal,
salivation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salivation, lacrimation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears (tears), urination
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urination, digestion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestion and defecation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defecation. Its action is described as being
complementary to that of the sympathetic nervous system
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathetic_nervous_system, which is responsible
for stimulating activities associated with the fight-or-flight response
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response.

  (Sorry for my inaccurate wording. As I've told before, I'm a "grammarian",
certainly not a "semantician"!)

 * locative (in, at, on, into, etc) singular from naaDii

              • ... anon_alias
              • ... archonan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
              • ... ultrarishi
              • ... 'Rick Archer' r...@searchsummit.com [FairfieldLife]