Yes, they were ostensibly.  But more importantly, they rejected Jesus, the
promised Messiah, as prophesied by the Jewish prophets.  As such, it can be
argued that they lost their place on earth as the "sons and daughters of
Yahweh", although they have the genetic makeup of Abraham and Jacob.

 This status of "being sons and daughters" is important to inherit the rewards
of the "new heaven and new Jerusalem" as prophesied in the book of Revelations.
 This is similar to MMYs idea of "200 percent of living, both absolute and
material, while living in enlightenment here on earth..

 Living in Judah?

 But where were the Jews when Jesus was here on earth?  At the same, one can
ask : what have the Christians done to make this world a heaven here on earth?
When will the ideal humans emerge to deserve the Rapture here on earth?

 Rabbi Cahn: ‘We’re Seeing Things That Even Sodom and Gomorrah Didn’t See’
http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rabbi-cahn-were-seeing-things-even-sodom-and-gomorrah-didnt-see

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rabbi-cahn-were-seeing-things-even-sodom-and-gomorrah-didnt-see

 Rabbi Cahn: ‘We’re Seeing Things That Even Sodom a...
http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rabbi-cahn-were-seeing-things-even-sodom-and-gomorrah-didnt-see

 View on cnsnews.com
http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rabbi-cahn-were-seeing-things-even-sodom-and-gomorrah-didnt-see
 Preview by Yahoo