A point regarding this issue of one or more persons perceiving other
posters as angry, and abusive -- suddenly "clicked" for me this
afternoon.  I had known that it reminded me of something, but I had
not been able to figure  out *what* is so intriguing.

The premeise appears to be that content of a post is not "the thing",
its the percieved emotional state of the poster that is paramont.

If a poster is percieved as angry, or some other non acceptable state,
then their content is discounted outright. Putting aside the
difficulty of assessing a strangers "state" from miles away, from
words alone, it seems that fundamental that content that which is
important. Art and literature, while not of the same "level" as posts
on this list, have all been created by  those in various states: in
pain, sufffering, angry, depressed, content, exaulted, drunk, stoned,
sleepy, "actualzed", up for 4-days straigt, etc. While their "state"
may be an interesting foot note, it does not determine, in any
absolute or even substantial sense, the merits of the content of the
material. That "state" over content, ideas, concepts, information is
of primary interest for some is a "go figure" phenomenon.

> Bingo!  Got it.  It reminded me of visiting America
> recently, my first trip back in over two and a half
> years.

Drugs Don't Discriminate. Get help for yourself or someone you know.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0I.OUB/ZbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM