Every 80 years Earth's Schumann resonance goes up to around 13 kh. It's believed that causes people to become aggravated. I shouldn't have to explain brain wave frequencies to folks who have done TM but that is a beta wave. If you think that tracking the frequencies is woo-woo, well NASA has been tracking them too.

I don't know if the human race will jump the shark this time but maybe it isn't worth saving.