--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > on 12/19/05 10:36 AM, TurquoiseB at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > They can't really *admit* the lack of progress,
> > > because that would be "off the program" and would make it
> > > sound like they were doubting the all-holy teacher and
> > > tradition, but they're very *aware* of their own lack
> > > of progress.  ESPECIALLY if someone comes around and
> > > talks about a basically normal, everyday experience of
> > > enlightenment, something that really *should* be normal
> > > and everyday in a real happening tradition.  The people
> > > hearing this often get really, really, really, really
> > > PISSED OFF.
> >
> > I can attest to this bit, here in FF. Some people get really upset
> at the
> > suggestion that people around town might actually be enlightened, or
> Awake,
> > or whatever you want to call it. It threatens their belief structure.
> > Probably because these so-called enlightened people seem so ordinary.
> >

> That's why they are pejoritively labeled 'so-called enlightened'. (We
> wouldn't want people actually getting enlightened, now would we...)
>
> JohnY

Enlightened is wonderful.

Brahman clones and proclamants, more dour, angry and depressed than
Max van Sydow in all his Imgmar Bergman films, is questionable.

One who shouts down inquisitors, calls them frauds and liars,  and to
"suck eggs" is questionable,

Those proclaiming great advaida-speak in one post, then totally
contradicting it in the next post, is questionable.

One proclaiming "No ego, No I" and yet is uber-sensitive to perceived
(not actual) insults, is questionable.

One proclaiming total and eternal liberation, and total support of
nature, who is entrapped in dogma, is questionable.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM