No friend, I do not belittle Maharishi or his achievements in any manner,
rather do I hold reverent love for him and gratitude for his presence on Earth
in a body of flesh, even though I disagree with some of his claims. It is not
difficult to follow his chosen path and see in outline why he did what he did.
I am wholly aware that if someone has climbed upon a ledge to safety then
nobody ever has the right to make their way slippery so that they might fall
back into the precipice, because the hand of an angel is always firmly offering
an invisible rope upon which the climber has unknowingly been grasping to reach
that ledge, and if that be so, then beware the one who topples another.

 However, I do not harbour, I hope, fatalist concepts in my make-up, as perhaps
some others may do, and the point that I was making was that I believe it more
important for the world to have a large number of people practising
Transcendental Meditation than anything else that is associated with it through
the drawing of aspects from the Vedic scriptures and attaching to them the
Maharishi signature.

 The technique developed by Maharishi of Transcendental Meditation is pure
magic and it is unique because Maharishi developed it for the householder. As I
said, I believe the world would be a far better place if Maharishi had recycled
all resources without exception back into the promotion of the teaching of
Transcendental Meditation and he had focussed all of his genius and efforts on
the promotion of the teaching of Transcendental Meditation alone (and of course
scope for the TM-Sidhi program but not necessarily in the manner it is held
today).

 I do not doubt that a being such as Maharishi could have in place upon this
world today perhaps 56 million or even 106 million meditators if he had set his
desire on this achievement alone, perhaps, for instance, through such actions
as charging less to gain more meditators, increasing the percentage a TM
teacher could claim, making the TM practice as completely separate from any
ties with religion as possible (the deference to the disciplic succession is
acceptable to many people as most people do have a sense of manners and
respect), and so on. The sheer numbers of ‘ordinary’ people meditating in the
community would in itself be certain to ‘normalise’ Transcendental Meditation
to many others, and word of mouth, so to speak, would bring Transcendental
Meditation to the level of a nice-to-have practice, if not essential, not only
in homes but in many more educational establishments and other institutions
than it is in today.

 Regards.

 Maharishi being in  the relative was not perfect however he knew what he was
doing and he had to do everything that he did even it didn't make sense to one
person at one time or doesn't seem to make sense to you now. A lot of the stuff
that I could not make sense of before has become clear to me now.