That's a good point, but Kurzweil probably won't like it.  I believe the
Christian mystic Teilhard de Chardin wrote about his Omega Man, which is his
version of a human in cosmic consciousness or God-consciousness.  But can Rick
Archer find someone who can levitate to show us that a human being has broken
through the barrier of mediocrity?  :)

 Heh!  What have yogis been doing for centuries?  These idiots who fancy
themselves scientists are going about brain improvement the wrong way.  I have
this vision of a "Twilight Zone" episode that takes place in the future where
Ray Kurzweil has managed to merge himself with a machine and is begging people
to turn the machine off because he finally is tired of living.  Of course
everyone is ignoring him.