Forwarded from: Einar Olsen <fountains...@gmail.com>

​                         ATTENTION COMMUNITY:

* Important Meeting This Tuesday Dec. 5 With Iowa Attorney General's Mobile
Office

* Analog/Digital Meter Update

***************************

* Will You Please come and meet with the Iowa Attorney General’s Mobile Office
this Tuesday, Dec. 5, to let them know why you would like to keep your analog
meters, and how you feel about Alliant Energy’s smart meter roll-out in Iowa?
The More the Better ! To create a sufficient effect and result, a large number
of people is needed !

Important  Meeting This Tuesday, Dec. 5, 1:30-3:30 at the Senior Center near
the downtown Water Tower

In addition, Fairfield Safe Meters (FFSM) will be organizing a complaint filing
with the Iowa Attorney General based on substantial evidence (cf. ‘Alliant’s
Frequently Changing Offers” Attachment to this email).

Coming to this meeting is the Second Big Step to take, after sending in a
Refusal Letter to Alliant Energy, in the process of being able to keep our
analog meters and avoiding very harmful levels of EMF in our community. FFSM
will also be filing a complaint with the Iowa Utility Board (and will let you
know more about this).

​​* Analog/Digital Meter Update

FFSM  has been serving the Jefferson County community for the past seven years
to avoid excessive electromagnetic smog. It’s about time we introduce
ourselves. Following are those who have been most involved in FFSM in recent
months and currently:

Robert Palma  Engineering and Technology Consultant
Jennifer Diamond
Kathy Matara
Janet Evertsen
Lisa Ashelman
Haddington O’Heart
Chris Bell  Bau-biologist, J.D.
Einar & Mary Cathryn Olsen
Shai Perelson  Electrical Engineer
Simon Davies

Prime News A: Alliant smart meter readings show dangerously high radiation,
substantially higher than safe guidelines, and far more often than Alliant
states

Under the supervision of electrical engineer Shai Perelson, FFSM journeyed to
Wisconsin, where Alliant Energy has installed 470,000 smart meters. Careful
measurements were taken with a state-of-the-art instrument, and the results
were alarming, in two ways:

1.​ ​The measurements showed spikes up to 1400 microwatts/square meter  - very
harmful levels of RF radiation -  much higher than the European Academy of
Environmental Medicine (EAEM) guidelines, which recommend only 100
microwatts/square meter (daytime exposure). So Alliant meters radiated 14 times
higher than recommended by the EAEM. Many experts, including Robert Palma,
consider FCC exposure levels excessively high and prefer use of EAEM guidelines.

2. Although Alliant states that its meters transmit "six times/day,” our
Wisconsin measurements showed transmissions six times per minute.

FFSM then confirmed these findings at Alliant’s Open House in Fairfield, Nov.
16 at the Sondheim Center. The same state-of-the-art instrument was used and
showed the same results - 1400/microwatts/sq. meter (and even much higher) up
to 30 feet away from the smart meter - many times above EAEM guidelines.

* All Alliant materials at their Open House in no place state that their smart
meters are safe - only that they meet FCC maximum exposure levels.

Fairfield Community, this is a large bright red flag waving before us in the
phase transition breeze.

Prime News B:  Changed Alliant Position on Refusal Letters

Three Alliant officials told Mayor Malloy that Alliant would not consider the
Certified Refusal letters, and that everyone who wanted to opt out needed to
call Alliant and do so. Mayor Malloy subsequently published this in a Fairfield
Weekly Reader display ad which you may have seen or heard about. But -

Alliant then a few days later completely changed its position, and told us that
the Refusal letters are being evaluated by their legal department, ​that
​Alliant has not yet taken a position on the letters, and that each person who
sent a letter will have that fact entered in their customer record.

Please keep asking your neighbors to continue the certified Refusal letters
because they have been our most effective method to state our position.

Prime News C: Alliant has no current opt out or meter policy (as of a week ago)

Alliant has been showing substantial administrative disarray and confusion, in
two ways: by 1) changing its position four times in the past several months,
including three times in the past two weeks, and 2) different Alliant reps
giving different policies to different customers in the same time frame. This
is a very salient fact in the process and project of keeping analog meters, and
avoiding becoming ingredients in the planned EMF soup, of which smart meters
are only an early step. The specifics of Alliant’s administrative
disorganization are detailed in the “Alliant’s Frequently Changing Offers”
Attachment below on this email. They will probably carry more weight in any
complaints filed than references to digital meter issues such as health
concerns.

Prime News D: Many More Refusal Letters Needed - 1,000's More

Assistance for additional certified Refusal Letters will be available at
Everybody's starting Thurs 12/7 and every Tues and Thurs 2:30 - 4:30 pm at
least through year’s-end. Trained volunteers from FFSM will be there for you.
Please bring your Alliant account number, and $5 for the mailing cost for the
certified letter and our admin costs. Additional donations would be much
appreciated, as we are all spending hundreds of hours, plus our expenses on
this project.

News E: Contrasting Local Info

FFSM is the only organized group addressing the smart meter challenge for
Fairfield. The Fairfield smart meter petition page on Change.org
<http://change.org/>, containing misleading statements and scientific
inaccuracy, is not ours. In addition, comments on personal FB pages under the
pseudonym 'Kathryn Shore’ are also not ours. For example inaccurate information
was posted and sent to many people that signed the Change.org
<http://change.org/> petition about the recent Wisconsin smart meter
measurements (corrected by scientific information written by our Tech Advisor,
Robert Palma). (http://www.rfreduce.com/robertsblog/smart-meters
<http://www.rfreduce.com/robertsblog/smart-meters>)

Stay With It

We need to firmly let Alliant know that we want to keep our analogs. Analog
meters have been working quite well for 30-50 years in Iowa at little expense.​
​54,000 Californians opting out have a state mandate to keep their analogs. EMF
radiation such as emitted by smart meters has been shown to be very harmful in
numerous published studies. The National Cancer Institute, the American Academy
of Environmental Medicine, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer
of the World Health Organization state that EMF radiation is potentially
harmful. Please see the following information on the published scientific
research on EMF harm:

Robert Palma Blog: http://www.rfreduce.com/robertsblog/smart-meters
<http://www.rfreduce.com/robertsblog/smart-meters>

and

​
 EMF Research Links
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQMR5fywlXDdr-UgpmBfmngVounsO5KQbxanBj4PXFs/edit?usp=drive_web>​

P.S. Opt-out fees create a profit center for utilities, who are turning protest
to profit. FFSM is checking the legal status of opt out fees and other legal
points and principles with an attorney.

SEE YOU TUESDAY AT 1:30 AT THE SENIOR CENTER WITH THE IOWA ATTY GENERAL’s
MOBILE OFFICE

​​
​​​
 Alliant's Frequently Changing Offers