--- authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >

> > --- sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> behaving
> > > in
> way
> as
> more

> now. I see
> internalized
> nature. We
> been
> are
> > >
> > > But does this mean that different states of
> > > consciousness do NOT lead to different ethics?
> >
> > I don't think so. Ethics are in the domain of
> > behavior. Different states of of consciousness
> will
> > give rise to different experiences of self/object.
> The
> > TMO has always related "higher levels of
> > consciousness" with increased moral behavior,
>
> "Moral/ethical" by what standards?
>
> And in what time frame?  Would it be "moral" to
> kill an infant who, if it had been allowed to
> live, would have grown up to be a mass murderer?
>
> If you take seriously Krishna's "Unfathomable is
> the course of action" in the Gita, it adds a
> whole 'nother dimension to the question of what's
> right and what's wrong.
>
> To have any standards of behavior at all in that
> context, you have to restrict the time frame to
> what human beings are capable of foreseeing; and
> then you also run into the problem that ethics/
> morality changes over time, often even within a
> human lifetime; and it also varies from place to
> place.
>
> If the Self is timeless and nonlocal, what does it
> mean to say of one who has realized the Self that
> he or she behaves ethically (or not)?

To all the above, exactly. It is not a simple question
to ponder. It doesn't mean one can not act on a local,
ethical level, within the very specific context of
ones life and consciousness and try to do the right
thing. But to try to generate "universal" ethical
standards from one's localized "position" is near
impossible.

> Join modern day disciples reach the disfigured and
> poor with hope and healing

> and click 'Join This Group!'
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]