on 1/1/06 9:35 AM, mrsatva at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Because it got too weird for people, or what ?
>
> Probebly all the reasons why people are leaving the TMO...
>
> I have been thinking about it for quit some time now and I thing the
> main reasons are to many scratches in the heart.
> One of the biggest TMO problems: the way people treat eatch other.

I wonder how the TMO compares with other spiritual movements in terms of
this problem. There are plenty of sweet people in the movement, and plenty
of jerks who hopefully are getting sweeter, but it's been a long haul. If
the TMO is worse than average, why is that? Maharishi has given plenty of
lip service to "speak the sweet truth" and "the world is my family," but
does he treat the people around him that way and does he inspire his
followers to do the same? If so, is his inspiration explicit or by example?
Or, on the other hand, are people treated like expendable commodities, to be
discarded if they become ill, run out of money, become too independent in
their thinking, get eclipsed by someone with skills exceeding theirs, etc?
Is that any different than the way a corporation functions? Should it be?

For some reason, I felt like writing this as a series of questions. I think
each question could be answered with examples both pro and con, so we would
have to look at what the predominant tendency has been. I don't feel like
spouting glib answers at the moment. I guess everyone draws their own
conclusions, based on their experience, and acts accordingly. As you say, in
Germany, most have left.