<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> patient
> > or

> being
> > notes,
> > > but
> > >
> > > I think most TM-Teacher keep confidential what is going on
> between
> > > Teacher and student in the checking-room. In the early-early
> days,
> > > before MMY trained TM-Teachers, he trained Checkers. Handed out
> the
> > > papers to them. It was a lot of people who knew the checking
> > points,
> > > without being Teachers.
> > > Ingegerd
> > > >

> > Really? NOt how I was taught to be a checker. When did he "hand
> out
> > papers?"
>
> Early in the 1960. He held checking courses for meditators in the
> summer courses in Norway, probably in other countries too.
> Ingegerd

Huh. Something about that timeline (among other things) seems wrong.

For one thing, MMY was spending a great deal of time in 1959 in LA in
the USA. Don't know when he left for Europe. Another thing that seems
odd is that checking, at least in its current form, is credited to
someone other than MMY, and my impression is that it started AFTER he
started teaching TM teachers.