<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > In case you don't know, a tenet of many if not all
> > > spiritual traditions is, "What you focus on you become."
> >
> > Is that why, when someone on alt.m.t touted the Heifer
> > Foundation, the first thing that occurred to you was
> > whether, under the guise of giving farm animals to poor
> > people, it was actually supplying the animals for live
> > yagya sacrifices (citing Koreans in L.A. who used to
> > "rescue" puppies from the pound and then eat them for
> > dinner)?
> >
> > As I recall, you went on to point out that providing
> > live animals for sacrifice was a "thriving business"
> > in India, contrary to the image of a "beloved and
> > idealized" India you claimed was held by TB TMers.
>

> Now, THIS information I find of interest.
>
> Please, somebody educate me: Are sacrifices of animals -- live or
> otherwise -- perscribed to be included in yagyas in the Vedas?

Actually, not only are live animal sacrifices
prescribed in the Vedas, they are still common
in modern-day India.  As it turned out, this
service (the "Heifer Foundation") seems to be
completely benevolent, and has nothing whatsoever
to do with them.  I was merely curious as to
whether it did.  Vaj set me straight; it's an
organization that arranges gifts of live animals
to help people living in poverty become self
sufficient.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

Judy's just smarting from the devastating effects
of being laughed at, and is feeling "attacked"
again, that's all.  And as usual when she feels
she has been "attacked," she's trying to stink
up the place.  Who knew that laughter could have
such an effect?  :-)