--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > What about the "technology of the Unified Field" that TM and the
> TMSP
> > is supposed to represent?
>

> I tried and I tried.
>
> I huffed and I puffed.
>
> But I couldn't ever, never grasp what the f the TMO meant by the
> technology of the Unified Field...other than, like I said, using
it
> as an analogy for what was happening on the level of consciousness.
>

> > Are you saying all of that was just a
> > razzle dazzle marketing spiel?
>

> ...and when, pray tell, was anything that the TMO came up with
> anything but a "marketing spiel"?
>
> What did you think the Natural Law Party was...a real political
> party?  It was a group of people from a cult who were instructed
by
> their cult leader to do what was needed under election laws of
the
> countries in which the NLP eventually appeared to go and create
NLPs
> in each of those countries.  Normal political parties have
> conventions and policy meetings at which they hash out platforms
and
> policies...even if that happened with the NLP, the cult leader at
> the end of the day decided what would and wouldn't be the platform
> of the party.  So it wasn't a real party at all but a marketing
> ploy...and a bad marketing ploy at that.
>

> > Symbolic? Jungian archetypes of our
> > collective unconsciousness? (LOL)
> >
> > Are you really telling me that TM and the TMSP is NOT a
technology
> of
> > the Unified Field? What about all those charts? Is John Hagelin
> > liar? <gasp> Everyone knows physicists don't lie. I almost voted
> for
> > him!
> >
> > Or is it just another waking state artifact that Mahesh is
> attached to?
> >

> > On Jan 21, 2006, at 10:30 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:
> >
> > > I always thought that the connection that the TMO made to
quantum
> > > physics was always just a cute little analogy and nothing more.
> > > Never took it seriously and I always hoped no one else would
> either.
> > >
> > > Beyond being an analogy and using the platform of quantum
> mechanics
> > > to serve as an illustration for how consicousness works, I
never
> saw
> > > an actual connection between the working of the mind and
> > > consciousness and physics.

You guys might want to take this argument up with Sir Roger Penrose,
Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics, University of Oxford, one fo
the most respected in his field, who (working with Stuart Hemmerof)
is at the cutting edge in studying physics, neuroscience, and
consiousness. His description is uncannily similar to the
description Maharishi gives of how infinitessimally subtle impulses
below the Planck scale, within the abstract and non-classical
quantum field give rise to subtle thought in the brain and
consequently the mind:

QUOTE: "Approaches to understanding consciousness which are based on
known and experimentally observed neuroscience fail to explain
certain critical aspects. These include a unitary sense of binding,
non-computational aspects of conscious thinking, difference and
transition between pre-conscious and conscious processing,
(apparent) non-deterministic free will and the essential nature of
our experience. We conclude that aspects of quantum theory (e.g.
quantum coherence) and of a newly proposed physical phenomenon of
wave function self-collapse (objective reduction, OR, Penrose, 1994)
offer possible solutions to each of these problematic features. We
further conclude that cytoskeletal microtubules, which regulate
intra-neuronal activities and have cylindrical paracrystalline
structure, are the best candidates for sites of quantum action and
OR, and of "orchestrated OR"(Orch OR). Accordingly, we present a
model of consciousness based on the following assumptions:

Coherent excitations (Fr&ounl;hlich pumped phonons) among
microtubule subunits (tubulins) support "cellular automaton"
information processing in both classical (conformational) and
quantum coherent superposition modes. Classical processing
correlates with non-conscious, autonomic activity; quantum
processing correlates with pre-and sub-conscious activity."

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/penrose-hameroff/orchOR.html

Pay particular attention to his coined phrase "Orchistrated
Objective Reduction".

OffWorld