> On Jan 22, 2006, at 12:37 PM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > <snip>
> >> Ken Wilber has the understanding of a child. It is embarrassing
> >> read.
> >
> > I'd want to hear what he actually said.  Apparently this
> > is a summary Vaj wrote.
>
> <sigh>.

ROTFL!

> No, it's from his website:

Sorry, I thought you were saying that it was a summary
you had written to excuse the fact that it didn't
actually debunk any TM claims, i.e., that it didn't
really represent the substance of his talk.

> http://in.integralinstitute.org/talk.aspx?id=549
>
> Judy, what do you believe the TMO means by "technology of the
> Unified Field" when referring to TM and the TMSP? Do you believe it
> *is* a "technology" for experiencing the unified field? Is Brahman
> the unified field?

A mental technology, sure.  And yes, I think MMY uses
"unified field" as a synonym for Brahman.

I also think there may be some question as to whether
MMY uses the term "unified field" in the same way
physics does.

> Do you believe consciousness is the unified field as Hagelin
> suggests?

I think he defines it as such, yes, but see the caveat
above.

In any case, "belief" isn't the issue.  It does seem
plausible to me that consciousness is primary and matter
secondary, but of course that isn't a notion unique to MMY
by any means.

> Are you familiar with the movement's search for the elusive
> "substance M" and what M. said about it?

Is that the substance that was said to be found
in the bloodstream of TMers and suggested to be Soma?
If so, they were very excited about it at one point,
but nothing ever happened with the research, as far as
I'm aware.  What does that have to do with quantum
mechanics, exactly?

I'm still interested to learn the dates of the works
of Chopra that contained the premises you say Wilber
was debunking (and therefore that those premises were
automatically claims made by the TMO).  Were you able
to find out?