--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, gullible fool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been an astronomy buff for 38 years and am not
> confused easily. I leave it to those who know little
> about the subject to be confused.

Ok good. Glad to have your experience available.
So with your knowledge and experience tell me where my confusion is:

1) vernal equinox occurs once a year when day and night lengths are
equal and when the sun rises at true east.

2) "precesion of the equinox" means that the position of the sun at
the vernal equinox, relative to the constallations, "retreats" one
degree every 72 years, making a full cycle around the zodiac
of 12 constellations every 26000 years.

3) Even with precession of the equinox, from an earth view, the sun
will always rise at due east at the vernal equinox, thus the
precession does not effect orientations of buildings to true east or
the path of the sun relative to buildings (from a year of observations
starting at the vernal equinox.)

4) The precession - the postion of the sun at vernal equinox --
travels through each constellation about every 26000/12 = 2160 years.
In 60 BC, the sun at vernal equinox was just on the cusp of Aires
moving into Pisces. Around 2100, the the postion of the sun at vernal
equinox will move from Pisces to Aquarius (aka the "age of aquarius").

5) The sun annually transits 360 degree , a full "circle" around the
constellations. Each month roughly corresponds to the suns position in
each constallation.

6) In summer months, the hemisphere one habitats is closer to the sun
(due to its 23.5 degree tilt -- relative to its "eleptic" path around
the sun). Thus in summer it is warmer and days are longer. In Winter
the hemisphere is further from the sun, thus its colder and days are
shorter. At the equinoxes, matched longitudes in each hemishperes are
the same distance from the sun. Day and night are each 12 hours.

7) The precession - the postion of the sun at vernal equinox --
travels to its opposite constallation every 13000 years. In 13000
years, the postion of the sun at vernal equinox will be in Virgo, 180
degrees from its present position in Pisces.

8) When the sun is in virgo, around September, the tilt of the earth
relative to its path around the sun gives fall weather for the
northern hemisphere, and spring weather in the southern hemisphere.

9) Thus, in 13000 years the vernal equinox will be in September, fall
weather will prevail for the northern hemisphere, and spring weather
will be in the southern hemisphere.