> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctor_gabby_savy
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > So Judy you appear to be saying that due to precession when the sun
> > is in, let say virgo, at vernal equinox in 13000 years, its going
> > to March.
>
> Sorry, I can't parse this sentence.  (If you meant to
> write "going to BE March," yes, the vernal equinox is
> always in March.)

Yes, "BE" should have been included.

> See Vaj's post about frames of reference.  Somehow
> you've managed to confuse at least two different ones.

Perhaps.

> As I suggested earlier, the day-to-day position
> the sun in the Zodiac is an entirely different frame
> of reference from the position of the sun from year
> to year at the time of the vernal equinox.

And your reasoning for why that is so is not clear.

> In the latter frame of reference, this year the sun
> will be in Pisces at the time of the vernal equinox
> (it'll enter Aquarius in 2013).

Actually I think its 2100. I know a lot of cites say 2013 the math
says 2110. VE "entered" pisces in 60 BCE, the precession for a
distance of a constellation is 2170 years.

> However, in the
> former frame of reference, this year the sun will be
> in the first degree of Aries at the vernal equinox.

I think you are confusing sideral and tropical frames of reference.
In sideral frame (the one used in jyotish) this year the sun will be
in Pisces at the time of the vernal equinox and (again) this year the
sun will be Pisces at the vernal equinox.

In tropical frame this year the sun will be in Aries at the time of
the vernal equinox and (again) this year the sun will be Aries at the
vernal equinox.

(Sorry for repetion but I was modeling your format.)

> former frame of reference, this year the sun will be
> in the first degree of Aries at the vernal equinox.

> The *words* are the same ("The sun is in X
> constellation at the vernal equinox"), but because
> the frames of reference are entirely different, what
> "X" is in each case is also entirely different.

I fail to see the distinction. I run a jyotish program, with a visual
transit feature a lot. In current time freame, when the sun is in
pisces at the VE it is march. When the sun is in Virgo it is
september. The sun is not in two different constallations at the same
time. It is in two only  superficially. Though in the same spot,
tropical view puts it in Aries, and sideral view puts it in Pisces. I
think thats where you are confusing your frames.