On Feb 1, 2006, at 11:45 AM, doctor_gabby_savy wrote:

On Feb 1, 2006, at 10:08 AM, doctor_gabby_savy wrote:

Yes but when you use the current system you are ignoring the fact

that it is and will be adjusted based on the equinoctial point which

are used to determine the seasons. The current calendar, despite it's

problems is followed for adjustment.

Then you might want to read a little on calendars, reform, etc. Most

certainly it will be changed since these well known points correspond

to our seasons and our months.

Yes, this whole idea is well known and accepted by astronomers and

others. I'll have to look, but I believe the Surya Siddhanta provides

for such calendrical reform.

To adjust the calendar for precision would need require 20 minutes per

year.  That would throw all sorts of things off for 13000 years. And

why? Just sosun in VE will still be in an "adjusted" neo-March and not

September. I don't buy it.

It's not adjusted every year.

I know. But even adjusting it one day every 72 years would seem to me

to be troublesome. Just so sun in VE will still be in an "adjusted"

neo-March and not September. I still don't buy it. but I am a picky

consumer. :)

It's really not about you or whether you're buying it. It is done and will continue to be done until we move to a perpetual calendar. Despite it's crude construction, the Gregorian calendar is fairly accurate:

I think it would be interesting to use the pre-Gregorian method of simply dividing the sunlight hours by 12 to determine the length of hours--thus in winter hours would be shorter and in summer longer. If we continued to work roughly 8 hour days, when nature rested (in winter), humans too would work less and have more time for rest.