--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can't think of a suitable retort to this since I'm still reeling
from your stated
> belief that in the US, the poor have just as much access to health
care as the
> rich.

Did I say that they had "just as much access to health care as the
rich"?

Or did I say that the poor had access to health care as defined as a
basic necessity?

Surely, a rich person, for example, can afford a private hospital
room whereby a poor person will get placed in a ward.

Surely, a rich person will have his or her choice of doctors whereas
a poor person won't.

BUT: the poor person will NOT be denied basic medical care.

Do you know that in the USA over $360 billion a year is spent on
just one poverty program -- called Medicaid -- to provide health
care to the poor?  That's almost twice as much as the entire
Canadian federal budget where health care is universally available.
And that's just ONE program: Medicaire pays for over 80% of health
care costs for seniors...

> Someone who believes that will believe anything,

It's not a question of believing or not believing but of facts.