> > > Yes, on our 6-month course he said, "One egg in a lifetime is
> > > enough."
> >
> > My favorite quote about eggs is from Harold Bloomfield,
> > the once-famous TM doc, who said, "If you can't remember
> > what you had for breakfast, it was eggs."
> >
> > Then again, he was later called up on charges of drugging
> > his female patients and molesting them, so you may not
> > want to pay that much attention to his diet advice.  :-)
>
> HOw did that turn out, BTW? Was he convicted?

I'd heard that he was convicted and lost his
license to practice medicine, but that was
only hearsay, not anything I heard on the
News.  I'd moved away from L.A. by the time
this all happened.

I can't say that I was unhappy to hear he was
out of the business.  Bloomfield put a friend
of mine in the hospital by misprescribing drugs
for her.  She went to see him as the "famous
diet doctor," and he gave her some pills without
checking her medical history that were completely
inappropriate, and that had serious effects on
her.  The doctors who treated her considered
suing Bloomfield for malpractice at that time,
but wussed out and didn't.

I'd say, in retrospect, that she was lucky he
didn't slip her a ruffie and screw her, and that
the world is lucky that he's no longer in the
business.