--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I knew it would get around to this pretty quickly: the poor spend
their money
> on booze and cigarettes and on other stuff that they "shouldn't"
buy. They
> should really be more responsible, just like we are (who do not
have to put up
> with their privations). And as for the 1,000 dentists within a 50-
mile radius who
> would be happy to treat the "deserving" poor for free -- that's a
good one!
> Where on earth do you live, Shemp? Is this another Texan fantasy?
And who
> decides who is "deserving"? Do YOU have to prove you
are "deserving" when
> you get health care? Do YOU have to prove you don't smoke or
drink?

Tell you what, feste37, you answer my questions about the definition
of poverty and then I'll get around to answering YOUR question.

And I'm not trying to just play and game of tit-for-tat with you;
the definition of poverty really is at the heart of this debate.

I have no idea what you mean by "poverty" whereas you know what I
mean (because I've given you my definition).