--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Yes that is a good one. How about "Oh, Maharishi wouldn't
> like that". Makes that person sound like they are in tune
> with the master and you aren't.

There is an important lesson here that I think we could
all learn from on this discussion forum.  Have you ever
noticed the subtle "undermessage" in place when someone
poster accuses someone of something?

"You're not being intellectually consistent" or "Your
arguments are not rational" is meant to 1) elevate the
supposed value of intellectuality and imply that it is
somehow more "evolved" or more important than other
ways of seeing things, and 2) imply that the person
hurling the putdown is more "in tune" with this "more
evolved" mode of functioning that the putdownee.