> I have thought for some time now that you are angry and hostile
> towards the TMO. Perhaps I am wrong. OTOH, your perception of how the
> TMO treats Chopra  as anger and envy seems to be projection on your
> part since the TMO simply doesn't talk about Chopra any more than he
> talks about them.

****
When Chopra left the TMO, I felt the reaction from the movement's part
 to be disgusting. What I heard at that time was of course second hand
information, except  my witnessing the TM-teacher's odd and ridiculous
behaviour in not talking about Chopra and if talking the tone was VERY
negative.
 At that time I felt Chopra behaved admirably, by continuing to give
credit to MMY in his books and not saying a negative word about the
TMO. But it was then. I think Chopra feels nowadays the same way as I
do. I avoid to mention about my TM background, as the TMO has become
so extreme cultist and odd.
I don't remember exactly what kind of information I heard at the time
of Chopra's departure, except some dirty lawsuits initiated by the
TMO. It was a shock to me to observe how low level in moral
functioning and reasoning MMY and the TMO had regressed to.  As a
result I stopped all my involvement with the movement for many years.

Later I participated again on some weekend seminars, but I didn't feel
quite comfortable. There were too many odd, even scary features in the
movement. I tried to start a discussion on the problems I perceived on
a Finnish chat group for TM-meditators. I expected an honest
discussion, but never managed to create it. These people actually
couldn't discuss with me. They just got very defensive, and started to
throw dirty, low level insults on me, which is not too uncommon trait
in some people here at FFL either. Luckily they banned me from the group.
 I have been unusually tolerant, all my other meditating friends had
left the movement for good long ago for the same reasons I felt
uncomfortable about. I don't expect people or organizations to be
perfect, but I expect them to accept participating in a dialogue, and
accept discussion and also answering difficult questions and claims.

At that time I was angry, not anymore. I'm more just intellectually
intrigued to follow the different phases and carryings-on of a cult,
in which I have been involved in its earlier phases. I have learned a
lot, which can be of practical use elsewhere also.
I have participated to discussions of the crisis of the Muslim world,
and the understanding gained through FFL has been really helpful.

I felt practically all the time I was involved annoyed about MMY's way
of leading his movement. But I appreciated a lot of the Vedic
philosophy he, and his co-workers, brought out. The philosophy I have
mainly felt to be fine. But not MMY's fundamentalist approach to it,
neither his way of managing the movement.

Irmeli