On Feb 20, 2006, at 10:18 PM, sparaig wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

On Feb 20, 2006, at 7:19 PM, MDixon6569@ wrote:

Maharishi never used to talk about Chakras. What little he did

say

was that they were like little wheels and to talk about them

would

be to talk in circles. Nice spin , eh?

There is actually one old lecture on the seven chakra system.

What Ihave been told by non-movement Sanskrit scholars is that

there is

controversy over whether or not chakras should be

considered "vedic."

Actually, it is "kundalini" that the controversy was over. I don't

recall any comments either way on "chakras" but it seems to me that

the terms are closely related at least in most discussions that I

have heard/read.

Not surprising, you see this with other teachers as well. Some teachers just call it "shakti". Or in this case "creative intelligence."