Over the years, I have known a number of people who teach at colleges
or universities. A common theme is how often women come on to them.
Even as campus guidelines have tightened over the years. "Making
passess" is quite unneecssary. Its not the MO. Its simply a matter of
saying "NO" or "I'll in my office working around 8".

Thats why David's highly parsed note appears odd to me. "I have never
before or since made a pass." OK. Few if any professors who have sex
with students, staff or even CPs do make passes. Maybe David just has
an innocent way about him, and is oblivious to the ways of student or
staff / factulty affairs. Hard to believe, but perhaps.

Of course, it raises the question -- is this any of our business? For
the most part, probably not. But student faculty affairs at a
university "promoting" celibacy among its students, seems a bit
inappropriate. And David's highly parsed response just raises more
questions than it answers.