This whole DOJ thing smells so insincere.

So we are to beleive that for years DOJ stood by and watched Domash,
Haglin Bevin and other faculty fairly openly get tons of student /
staff / community wife nookie, and undoubtlely heard their exploits --
as he worked closely with them. And then after 30 years, FINALLY he
decided he would, for the VERY FIRST time, venture down the road
towards student nookiedom. BUT was so inept at making a pass (such a
quaint word) he apparently pissed the target off so much that she
raised a huge ruckus causing a minor scandal?

What is wrong with this picture?

1) Is this the type of thing one STARTS at age 62 (or so) for the VERY
FIRST TIME?

2) Do women who receive ONE single  gentle and discrete pass by a
person of stature generally raise a huge ruckus about it? Or do they
smile, take it as a compliment, firmly say no (if they are not
inclined) and wait for repeated and cruder attempts before raising a
ruckus?

3) Does one issue a highly parased, highly specific denial of some
limited events if they are not trying trying to divert attention from
a broader set of events? Maybe, but why?

4) Does a well published, world traveled, mature, professor of
psychology make that inept of a pass?