--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, foufou_fl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, foufou_fl <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps a group of us could cruise some college bars and conduct
field
> > research. For the sake of science.
>

> We'll bring feste along and let some slinky blonde 23-yr old rock his
> world (with DISGUSTING anal and oral sex.) Though he will probably
want
> to stay home and read some Oscar Wilde.

http://www.gradesaver.com/classicnotes/titles/earnest/fullsumm.html

"That Wilde chose "Bunbury" as the name for double identities may
prove telling. Wilde is one of history's more (in)famous homosexuals,
convicted in 1895 for homosexual sodomy with Lord Alfred Douglas
("Bosie"). Prior to that, Wilde made greater attempts to hide his
sexual orientation, even marrying. Is Wilde connecting his characters'
need to Bunbury to his own dual identities‹his public, heterosexual
one (he was married) and his private, homosexual one? Some critical
attention has been given to the word "Bunbury." Separating "bun"
and "bury," some read it as a description of male-to-male intercourse.
Indeed, it has been confirmed that there are several allusions to
London's homosexual world intended for Wilde's contemporary,
homosexual audience. However, we can read a homosexual subtext into
many of the lines now: "Nothing will induce me to part with Bunbury. A
man who marries without knowing Bunbury has a very tedious time of
it." Aside from continuing the motif of intercourse with the
word "part," Algernon clearly relates the need for an alter ego to the
oppressive sexuality of marriage.