> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <jpgillam@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- MDixon6569@ wrote:
> > >
> > > jpgillam@ writes:
> > >
> > > What a  family. And what a great book from which
> > > to take instruction about family  values and sexual mores!
> > >
> > > Leviticus deals with the rest at a later place in the Bible as
> > > society  evolves.
> >
> > Cite some passages and I'll look them up. Thanks.
>
> There's an excellent (and very balanced) rundown of
> the various interpretations of the primary passage,
> Leviticus 18:22, here:
>
> http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh.htm
>
> It should be quite an eye-opener to those who have
> always assumed the verse condemns homosexuality.
>
> But then there's also Paul in Romans 1:26-27...

"And with a male you shall not lay lyings of a woman"

Well, being a fundamentalist, I beleive the Bible should be read
literally, without a lot of symbolic or metaphoric or fancy smancy
interpretations. I take the passage to mean that men should not lay
together. Period.

Nothing is said about sex. Thus if two men get it on by standing,
sitting, bent over, etc, then thats fine. They just cant lay together
 -- on the ground or in a bed, or in the hay in the barn. Sex or no
sex. No man to man laying.

And women can lay together, no problem.