--- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Dear Sponsors and Friends,

>    I can feel that Nature utilized our move for some
> deep clearing out on both an individual and cosmic
> level.

Hmmm. Just another story, perhaps. Why do we tell
ourselves such silly tales?

> Although
> we
> miss the beautiful NC mountains, life feels simplier
> here beneath wide-open Iowa s kies.  We are finally
> free of the complexities of the Kaplans,

Ahhh, I think that needs to be re-worded as the
complexities of MMY.

 and have
> gained the blessed coherence of the domes.  Our
> Fairfield friends have given us an enthusiastic
> welcome. Even though we are a few miles "out" on the
> prairie, and don't see them often, we can feel the
> warmth here.
>    That warmth came in handy during the past few
> weeks
> of subzero temperatures and ice storms!  I can only
> describe it as being like an explorer, holding down
> barren outpost in Antarctica...the wind whipping
> around the long line of our "barracks", the flat ice
> fields stretching endlessly in all directions...one
> kept wondering,"is this the moon?"

Break out the Prozac, Martha, I'm gettin' depressed
again!

>    Then,I'd notice tiny lights of farms on the
> horizon, and the startling clarity of many more tiny
> lights forming the constellations above.
> Quickly,the
> realization would come...no,not the moon,
> "This is Iowa!"
>    The joke circulating in Fairfield was that Mother
> Divine's influence lowered the entr opy and thus the
> temperatures.  Whatever the case, the transcendent
> was
> a nice place to cozy up in when the winds blew.  :)

Who cozies up to what? Oh, your I-thought enjoys its
attachment to a particular condition of mind.

>    The time indoors gave Mother Divine lots of
> opportunity for unpacking,interior decorating, and
> spontaneous popcorn parties.  Now our barracks feel
> much more like cottages---and home.
>    Personally, I've been enjoying greater silence
> and
> nice breakthroughs in program, and I know I'm not
> alone in this.

After 30 years of "breakthroughs" you need a good Zen
Master to kick your attachment: "Quick, you silly
whore, what is your original face?"

http://mail.yahoo.com