--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> --- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >    That warmth came in handy during the past few
> > weeks
> > of subzero temperatures and ice storms!  I can only
> > describe it as being like an explorer, holding down
> > barren outpost in Antarctica...the wind whipping
> > around the long line of our "barracks", the flat ice
> > fields stretching endlessly in all directions...one
> > kept wondering,"is this the moon?"
>
> Break out the Prozac, Martha, I'm gettin' depressed
> again!

This is the oddest letter.  On one hand, it's shot
through with really painful upset and dismay and
resentment, but at the same time the blissy parts
strike me as completely genuine, not cranked up, as
seems so frequently to be the case with MD and
Purusha letters in which you can hear the gears
practically being stripped.

It's like she's feeling both at once, or each in turn
as she looks first outside and then inside herself.
I'd guess she's never had this experience before, or
never so starkly, and doesn't know what the hell to
do with it.  On some level she *wants* to be depressed,
and has good reason to be, but somehow that isn't
what's happening.

Maybe I'm just romanticizing, but I'm really hearing
something different in this letter.