> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hgiammarco" <HEYPHILA@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Why does T/M cost so much to join? A little help?

> >sparaig wrote:
> > MMY decided to target the elite since they are the most
> > influential members of society and most likely to be able
> > to donate large sums of money if they are so inclined.

> Turquoise B wrote:
> And as a result of this focus, the number of people
> learning TM has plunged to near-zero worldwide,
> indicating that what Maharishi seems to be most
> interested in is money, and *not* in helping people
> by teaching them a valuable technique of meditation.

Actually, altho MMY may be very interested in money, he would be making more by
allowing teachers of TM to teach the technique for much less than thte current
$2500 fee
in the USA.  Instruction would pickup world-wide and the TMO would have more
income.  I
suspect he is making enough from selling real estate and from the "donations"
that people
make to become raja's - costs a fortune (a million dollars per person) and is
simple and
not time consuming to have a raja course.  I know that MMY has been told by
many
teachers and higher ups in the TMO, over the last few years, that more people
would learn
TM if the price were reduced, and that the TMO would make more money if the
price were
reduced.  MMY is adament that the price stay high, unyeilding about this. l  I
have heard
some teachers still involved say that they think MMY does  not really want many
people to
learn TM anymore, that is no longer his goal.  Or only the rich.  Why?  Who
knows.

> An interesting "test case" seems to be about to take
> place in the Florida courts, in which the organization
> that claims it wants to spread TM to as many people as
> possible is suing a TM teacher who is teaching TM for
> the price he's always taught it.
>
> He has not only refused to raise his prices because the
> TM organization demands that he do so, he has refused
> to pay that organization several thousand dollars to
> be "recertified" at teaching something he was fully
> certified to teach years ago. It should be interesting
> to see how the TM organization defends its position in
> court.
>
> The fascinating exchange in that case, in my opinion, is
> going to be when the fellow's lawyer asks the "official,
> recertified" teachers, under oath, how many people have
> been instructed in TM *in the entire world* in the last
> year at the "official" price, and that number turns out
> to be less than the number of people that the teacher
> they are suing has taught in one small town in Florida
> during the same period.

Not really - there are people learning in big cities like LA, chicago and
Manhattan.  Not
many, but a few every few months.  And David Lynch's education foundation which
pays
for young students to learn TM has resulted in at least a few hundred
initiations  so far
(most are underpriveleged students who are in bad situations, which is why
their schools
agree to allow TM in the first place).  There are also a few students learning
at each
campus after he speaks there.