--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I haven't followed this thread closely but:
>
> Do people see the tm mov't and or its techniques as being bhakti?
How
> odd.  What's remotely bhakti about it?  Of course one can appreciate
> or be devoted to MMY, just like you can with anyone, but I've just
> never seen bhakti practices or attitudes promoted by the tmo.
>
> How many of the tm people here who think they're bhaktis have been
in
> the same room with MMY in the past 20 yrs?  Ever?  What personal
> instruction have you gotten from him recently? (I mean directly, not
> in your sleeping or waking dreams).  Stalkers of celebrities
probably
> think they're bhaktis of them too.
>
> I can see someone being devoted to MMY if they do what he asks, but
> how many of the tm bhaktis here are on purusha, done millionaire
> courses, or even done the minimum by being recertified?  Do you live
> in an s-ved home?  How exactly are you a bhakti of MMY if you're not
> doing what he explicitly asks?
>
> Apparently this thread earlier dealt with MDG being a bhakti of
MMY.
> There's no way Michael would be allowed to represent the mov't in
any
> way whatsoever given his various extracurriculars.  How are you a
> bhakti of a guru when that guru and his mov't won't allow you near
> their movement?  I know, I know, these types think they're the real
> devotees, not the people who the guru actually has with him.  That's
> what robin carlson used to always say, until MMY sent the tape to
the
> court saying carlson was an idiot.  I'm not saying MDG is doing
> anything wrong, and he can love MMY inside all he wants, but I don't
> think you can be a bhakti of a guru if you don't do what he says and
> put yourself completely outside the guru's rules/regs.

In The Last Samarai, who was more devoted to the emperor, the pro-
West courtiers, or the conservative samarai?

Perhaps they were both equally devoted but in different ways?

MMY once was quoted by the Press concerning the Beatles: as long as
they practice my meditation, they are mine.

I'm sure there are other ways of looking at the situation also.