> On Mar 10, 2006, at 10:58 AM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> > > Exactly--that which needed "patched". If it didn't
> > > need "patched" (if you didn't "need" to meditate), you'd
> > > experience the transcendent through all states!
> > >
> > > But if it is being brought back from the transcendent, it *is*
> > > being patched. Oh well, subtle effort. So much talk.
> >
> > Says Vaj, avoiding responding to my question, just as I
> > predicted:

> > To address his nonresponse on its own terms: There is
> > no "bringing back" in TM, either from transcendence
> > or from the recognition (thought) that one is not
> > thinking the mantra.  If Vaj was meditating by "bringing
> > back" the mind from either to the mantra, he most
> > certainly wasn't doing TM.
>
> Ignoratio elenchi.

Wrongaroonie (unless you're referring to your own
nonresponse).

 Your question has already been answered
> numerous times, you just can't accept what you're hearing is all.

My question was: What is the mind "brought back" from?

That was a *rhetorical* question, you see.  The answer
is: It is not "brought back" from anything.

But perhaps you miswrote.  Would you care to rephrase
your assertion so that it actually *applies* to TM?

Or you're certainly welcome to try to *defend* the
phrase "brought back" in the TM context if you
really believe it does apply.

If you aren't willing or able to do either, I believe I
have grounds for suspecting you're thoroughly confused
about what is involved in TM practice.

> Nothing new here. <sigh>

Indeed.

> > > Well you heard the same thing if you were *listening*. He posted
> > > it here.
> >
> > He posted what you had received offlist?
>
> As you've been told several times, it was posted here--actually
> Rick has posted it here, on this list, three times.

Yes, you've said that already.  Perhaps you didn't
understand my question:  Rick has posted here, three times,
what you had received offlist?

The response should be a simple "Yes" or "No."

> > > Actually you asked what Mahesh said specifically at Estes Park
> > > several times--so did your side kick.
> >
> > If by "sidekick" you mean Lawson, and if by "question"
> > you mean what MMY had said specifically at Estes Park,
> > we asked *you* because you were the person who had brought
> > it up.
> >
> > The answer to our question therefore was, "I don't know
> > exactly what he said at Estes Park."  But somehow it seems
> > to be impossible for you to say "I don't know."
>
> I have every reason to believe what Rick is saying not only
> because he was there and I trust him, but also because I
> understand experientially what's going on.

Fine.  The answer to my question, the one you're for
some reason unable to voice, is still "I don't know
exactly what MMY said at Estes Park."

> It's beyond me as to why
> you are so entrenched in denying the obvious

It's beyond me as to why you are so entrenched in
denying that you beat your wife.

What's obvious is that it *isn't* obvious, but
rather a source of considerable confusion even
among those who have been trained as TM teachers.

> --but it's a common
> thing you do, this TM apologist trip. Whatever.

If there weren't such confusion, you'd be able to
respond straightforwardly to the points I'm
making, pro or con.  Not only can you not do so, you
repeatedly attempt to shift ground or otherwise
obscure the debate.