After I posted the story about young Guru Dev and the caves ("there
is no empty cave here"), someone wrote to this list to say that the
story is NOT about Guru Dev (because they remember hearing some TM
teacher tell it differently back in the 70s - about 30 years ago).

I strongly disagree.

I was there when Maharishi told the story in the 70s, on Guru Purnimah,
on a course, and it was definitely a story about Guru Dev as a young
boy in his Master's ashram (Swami Krishanand Saraswati, in Uttar Kashi).
It was one of those rare, intimate revelations by Maharishi about some
facet of his Master's life, and touched my heart deeply.

I've had other people write to me off-list and confirm my remembrance,
including a couple of folks who claim some expertise in researching the
history of Guru Dev.

If you want to check it out further, you could find the story told in
Rameshwar Tiwari's Hindi biography of Guru Dev (translated into English),
or find the videotape (Guru Purnimah, early 70s, Humboldt?), perhaps in
the MUM Library, if you're into researching it further.

Namaste,

Michael

PARA - THE CENTER FOR REALIZATION
Michael Dean Goodman Ph.D., D.D., Director
Boca Raton (Palm Beach County) Florida
561-350-3930 (24 hours) * [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Counseling * Private Educational Sessions * Spiritual Guidance * Satsang
Classes * Workshops & Retreats * Group Presentations * Articles & Essays
Clients and programs throughout the United States, Europe, and India
Working in person or by phone
Free initial consultation to discuss your needs and goals