> From a friend. Anyone know the answer to this?:
>
> I've heard that there is some phrase that helps someone passing
on.....that
> is to be whispered to them as they pass.  Do you know  of this?
>
>   Looks like we will be leaving for () tonight as my husband¹s dad
won't be
> around much longer....maybe not even 24 hours.
>
>   I don't think I can do a puja there but I remember someone somewhere
> telling me about this phrase.
>
>   Thanks.

I heard M say sevaral time to think the mantra.

And that the last thought upon dying effects where we go upon dropping
the body.

He said that if they can't think the mantra -- to have them think of
God, the vastness of God.

Personally, I have also told dying relatives how thankful I am for
everything they have done -- as is the whole family. And that everyone
will be ok, everyone will do well -- based on everything you taught us
and did for us.

In doing this, I sensed a great sense of comfort, relief and
resolution from the relative -- even though they were beyond the state
of being able to carry on a normal communications.