--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, a_non_moose_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <anonyff@> wrote:
> >
> > On TTC in Mallorca, Jan-June 1971, Brahmarishi Devarat and his son
> > (who looked like Tonto from the Lone Ranger) were often at
meetings
> > and we would ask Devarat question after question and Maharishi
was our
> > interpreter. My appeared to be having great fun in this job, he
often
> > found Devarat's answers both funny and illuminating.
> >
> > Someone asked him this question-if there is anything we can say to
> > someone who is dying. As near as I can recall, he told us to say,
in
> > the person's ear, *wok, wok, wok*   I believe it is actually
spelled
> > vak and I also think I remember it is translated as *speech* or
> > *sound*
>

> Thats odd. I heard M. say that it was in the tradition of ancient
> India to whisper Vac three times in a new born baby's ear. (Vac
> meaning sound.)

I believe in Sanskrit "vac" is a lemma ("dictionary form").
The sound represented in transliteration by 'c' or 'ch' (cakra,
chakra) is not allowable at the end of a word, but it appears
in some (inflected or) conjugated forms of that root. The "correct"
form would thus be "vak", or perhaps rather "vaak", because
"vac" with a short a is a verbal root that doesn't mean
anything as such, but "vaak" (lemma: vaac) is a noun meaning
e.g. 'speech'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemma_%28linguistics%29

 That the nervous system was so delicate that this