[Sal wrote:]
> > Good old fashioned honesty and actually  attempting to help
> > people lead  more productive lives would have  been more than
> > enough.  Now nobody really cares  anymore.
>
> When the seed is ripened, you either devour it or scatter  it  to
> the ground to grow more. I think M has been telling, directly or
> indirectly , the intelligent ones, for years to go out on your own
> and do  your own thing.

I agree.  Shemp has several times posted a MMY quote
which suggests precisely that, and I wrote a longish
post awhile back about the same thing.  MMY has
effectively and with his blessing released TM teachers
from whatever commitment they felt to the TMO, while at
the same time giving those who wanted an opportunity to
renew that commitment to do so.

Yet, remarkably, we focus almost exclusively on the
latter as if the former didn't even exist.