> In a message dated 4/1/06 4:25:45 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> As poor  luck would have it, someone
> stole the remaining 12 chapters from Charlie  Lutes in whose
> possession and safe keeping it was supposed to remain by  not
> returning the manuscript after borrowing it from him. There is no
> additional copy of the original manuscript and no intention so far
> as I know of (circa 1994) that Maharishi ever intends to rewrite
> the missing chapters.
>
> Sounds like somebody is sitting on a *gold  mine*.

It's not clear from this account whether what's being
referred to is MMY's *translation* of chapters 7-18 or
his *commentary* thereon.

The translation has been circulating as a photocopy for
many years (it was actually typeset).  It was also used
as the basis for a WPA at MUM a few years ago, led by
Vernon Katz.  So it certainly hasn't been lost.  I
believe I recall hearing that copies of the translation
were handed out to course participants.

Whether the commentary on these chapters was ever
written, I don't know, but apparently Katz *taught*
MMY's commentary on at least some parts of it on
that WPA.

My guess is that it exists only as Katz's notes
from his discussions with MMY, not in a fully
written-out form, and that the person being quoted
above is referring (inaccurately) to the translation.

When someone gave me a copy of the translation (a few
years before the WPA), it was with the understanding
that it wasn't strictly kosher for me to have it, and
that I shouldn't spread it around or say who had
given it to me.  I suspect the person quoted had heard
about the pilfered copy of the translation and got the
details a bit confused, thinking it was the *sole*
copy that had been taken, and perhaps not realizing
that it was just the translation and not the commentary.

But that's just my guess.