--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anony_sleuth_ff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anony_sleuth_ff <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
<snip>
> > > The 9/11 Commission said nothing conclusive was found.
> >
> > No, you made that up.  The 9/11 commission (sixth time
> > now) said there were "innocuous explanations" for the
> > anomalies.
>
> I am missing your point. True, I interpret "innocuous explanations"
> as non-conclusive in finding any trading that could not be
> explained as normal business.

Uh-huh, *now* you interpret it that way.

<snip>
> > > So what investigation produced a
> > > conclusion that conclusive statistically significant  anomolies
> > > occurred?
> >
> > The investigations were based on the *fact* that
> > there were statistically significant anomalies.  That's
> > what they were investigating, you see, the statistically
> > significant anomalies.  If there were no statistically
> > significant anomalies, there'd have been nothing to
> > investigate.
>
> You apparently have no idea what statistical significance refers to.
> There are such huge semantic gaps here, further discussion I can
> only assume will be unproductive.

No, you're just unable to back down from your
initial mistaken assumptions.  You assumed at
first that the media had started the story of
the statistically significant anomalies, then
when you learned otherwise, you tried to punt
and claim the investigations were to find out
*whether* there were statistically significant
anomalies, rather than to investigate the
anomalies themselves and try to find out who
was responsible for them.