> > <shempmcgurk@>

> rights
> > > for
> > > don't

> gays,
> > > etc.

> gays

> > > So, you guess that he's for gay marriage?
> >
> > Hmm, I think I said he was for equal rights for gays.
>

> Well, actually, you said that you "guess" he's for it.
>
> Okay, well I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he is NOT
> for it.
>
> Who do you think is right, me or you?

"The religious leader said at the press conference that he had
previously been asked his views on gay marriage, and said that such
social sanction of gay relationships "has to be judged in the context
of the society itself and the laws and social norms."

During the 45-minute meeting, the Nobel peace laureate and Buddhist
religious leader voiced his support for the full recognition of human
rights for all people, regardless of sexual orientation.

Buddhist sexual proscriptions ban homosexual sexual activity and
heterosexual sex through orifices other than the vagina, including
masturbation or other sexual activity with the hand. Buddhist
proscriptions also forbid sex at certain times - such as during full
and half moon days, the daytime, and during a wife's menstrual period
or pregnancy - or near shrines or temples. Adultery is considered
sexual misconduct, but the hiring of a female prostitute for
penile-vaginal sex is not, unless one pays a third party to procure
the person.

>From a "Buddhist point of view," lesbian and gay sex "is generally
considered sexual misconduct," the Dalai Lama told reporters at a
press conference a day earlier.

However, such proscriptions are for members of the Buddhist faith -
and from "society's viewpoint," homosexual sexual relations can be "of
mutual benefit, enjoyable, and harmless," according to the Dalai Lama."
http://quietmountain.org/links/teachings/gayrites.htm