> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anony_sleuth_ff <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > >
> > > It was a crime for Michael Fortier who received a 12 year
> > > sentence for withholding info on the Oklahoma City bombing.  See:
> > > http://tinyurl.com/mwglh
> >
> > Assuming you are addressing my point above,
>
> Hmm.  What other point might he be addressing,
> I wonder?

I was extending Shemp the courtesy of realizing he might be making a
general observation. People do that -- not commenting on a specific
point. I notice that some, particularly you, often mistakenly assume a
post is about your points, when the post is realy a general
observation, or perhaps a response to another posters point. And you
flare out in your usual flaming style.

In this case, I specifically was being diplomatic, becasue I didn't
wand to come across like I have a huge stick up my ass, like you
appear to often.

> > your cite does not appear to answer the question.
> >
> > "who previously received a 12-year sentence for withholding
> > information about the bombing,"
> >
> > does not indicated if he withheld it during interrogation by LE, or
> > was just mum.
>
> From the link (which you apparently didn't read):

Ah the stick up you ass again. It must really be painful Judy. Or
perhaps its some deep trauma you have suffered that makes you
perpetually snide and condescending. You have my sympathy and
compassion for your pain.

> "Fortier was also asked to participate in the deadly scheme, yet he
> refused to be a part of it. He didn't alert the police of the plot
> because he didn't believe Nichols and McVeigh would actually follow
> through with their plans, Newsday reported. It was a mistake that
> cost 168 lives."

While this implies he was just mum, it is not definitive that he was
not also interogated by the police -- but not covered by the short
story -- and it was on THAT withholding of information that he was
convicted.

The reason I question this is that the law as some imply (just being
mum) quickly gets into very wierd territory. If one hears some old
babbling off-meds street person make some odd threat while one is
rushing to work, and you brush it off, and the event does happen, then
you could be liable for perhaps 12 years in prison? It jsut seems to
draconian.

We all could be liable. We all have had advanced knowledge of great
disasters pending upon the US. (And and the UK). We have assumed the
warnings are not credible, even though they come from a man we all
have greatly respcted, honored, and given great trust. And we have the
knowledge to prevent it. What happens if they come true. Will we have
cellblock FFL in Leavenworth?