sparaig wrote:
> There's always TucsonConsciousness 2006 April 4-8:
>
> http://www.consciousness.arizona.edu/tucson2006.htm

So, I take it you don't plan to attend ASSC 10. Thanks for the
information about TucsonConsciousness - maybe I'll see you there.
Will you be wearing a name badge?

> Of course, TM never gets much play there, even though half
> the meditation researchers use MMY's theory of enlightenment
> progression as a starting point for their own theories.

Can you cite any links to independent research describing MMY's theory
of enlightenment progression? There must be hundreds of scientific
reports by now, either confirming the thory or rejecting it.

The single most important report I've read was authored by Hari
Sharma, Brihaspati Dev Triguna and Deepak Chopra that appeared in
'JAMA', which is cited on the TM Org's Website. Apparently this report
is the single most important report ever published about MMY's theory
of enlightenment progression, right behind Benson and Wallace's report
in 'Science' magazine.

Can you post a link to the report or provide a summary of it here?
I'll submit it to the ASSC 10 Administrator.

'Letter From New Delhi: Maharishi Ayur-Veda: Modern Insights Into
Ancient Medicine'
by Hari Sharma, Brihaspati Dev Triguna, and Deepak Chopra
JAMA, 265, 2633-2637, 1991

According to Maharishi, "...over 600 scientific studies at more than
200 independent research institutions in 35 countries during the past
40 years confirm that the technique works-and brings remarkable
benefits to people around the world. Research on the Transcendental
Meditation program has been published in more than 100 leading
scientific journals, including Scientific American, Business and
Health, Science, and the Journal of the American Medical Association."

Source:

'The Transcendental Meditation Program'
http://www.tm.org/