> on 4/6/06 11:16 AM, Vaj at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> chart

> >> Ihave it on good authority that his light sabre was of the
highest
> >> quality.
> >
> > Which girl told you that?
>
> "Girl" doesn't necessarily mean underage. When the Beatles
sang "Girl"
> (Norwegian Wood) they weren't referring to a 14-year-old.

Useage changes. In the early 70's, women would jump all over me for
using "girl" to refer to anyone post-puberty. For the most part, this
seems to have become standard. The only way you can avoid it is to
refer to boys AND girls or be so much older that people forgive you
for using it in a non-standard way. E.G. my mother referring to
Robert Redford as a handsome boy.