Comment below:

> On Apr 7, 2006, at 9:48 AM, markmeredith2002 wrote:
>
> > Those full-time in the tmo definitely honor the titles, though I don't
> > consider that insane.  My main problem here is that MMY is still
> > giving out aristocratic titles and positions of authority to people
> > based on their financial contributions, which has been ongoing since
> > the 108 days.  I'm all for recognizing people who contribute to
> > whatever cause, but I think basing a spiritual mov't so much on money
> > all these yrs has undermined the heart value of the rank and file.
>

> It's interesting that you mention this, the thought just struck me
> that this type of thing is going on constantly in the west, it's just
> that most probably never aware of it. I'm referring to the buying of
> titles. It's actually quite a big business. What it usually involves
> is giving money to some foreign ruler, most who no longer rule a
> country or are simply members of royal families. If you pay enough
> money they will give you a title. This will authorize you to be able
> to wear certain regalia, add certain titles to your name, etc. And
> every now and then you can pay money to hang with various royals.
>
> It's also popular in Neo-Templar circles where you pay money to enter
> some religious order.
>
> It's quite expensive, but some people are really into it, holding
> fancy parties where they congregate and act like they're actually
> royalty.
>
> It just dawned on me that this is basically the same scam. I always
> knew it was a scam, but this puts it in perspective.

**END**

The scam of titles and the nobility has always existed in the same
way.  It was always about property and affluence.  Queen Elizabeth of
England and all her courtiers and the "Royal" family all look just as
silly (to my eyes) as the current crop of TMO rajahs.  The only real
difference is that the House of Windsor has been in place within the
cultural context of England for so long (though not under that name)
that there is a presumed legitimacy that the TMO rajahs don't yet have
(if ever).  There are so many "titled" Europeans that they're
categorized as eurotrash.

Governmental authority only exists if you believe it does.  When that
belief gets shaky then the government starts imposing its authority by
other means.  Mao's statement that the only real power comes from the
barrel of a gun is the expression of the authority of a government
either on the way up or on the way down from recognized legitimacy.

Real authority is expressed by someone like Guru Dev who spent his
life in the solitude of the Self.  All the rest of this stuff is funny
hats.