--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
  Queen Elizabeth of
> England and all her courtiers and the "Royal" family all look just as
> silly (to my eyes) as the current crop of TMO rajahs.

Yes, but the Brits don't get to enjoy it:

"Great Britain is one of the world's foremost guilt-driven societies,
says David Holmes, a psychologist who studies the phenomenon at
Manchester Metropolitan University in Manchester, England. If people
there seem too happy, he says, "it's like an admission of guilt. When
you're smiling, people think you've done something wrong."

http://tinyurl.com/oov8l Wall Street Journal 6Apr2006, page D1