--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, steven klayman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here is the official Movement statement on Diksha and
> anyone who is teaching it.
> >
> > ³Maharishi¹s Movement does not endorse in any way
> any techniques
> or programs
> > other than those taught by His Holiness Maharishi
> Mahesh Yogi, and
> anyone
> > who is suggesting otherwise is misleading the
> people. Maharishi
> teaches
> > Total Knowledge of Natural Law, bestowed by His
> Master Guru Dev,
> and offered
> > in its purity by Governors of the Age of
> Enlightenment without any
> mixing of
> > any unknown things. Maharishi offers the Total
> Knowledge of life to
> > everyone<knowledge of the Constitution of the
> Universe, Total
> Natural Law,
> > the will of God, to raise every aspect of life to
> perfection for
> the dawn of
> > a new fortune of all mankind.
> >
> > ³I wish to caution all the Governors, Sidhas and
> Meditators not be
> misled on
> > this point, and to keep their connection for
> enlightenment to
> Maharishi and
> > the Vedic Tradition of Masters.²
> >
> > Maharishi says: "Keep the teaching pure and don't
> adulterate it
> with
> > anything."
> >

> > Raja Dr. John Konhaus
> > Station 24, 6063NP
> > Vlodrop, Netherlands
> > E-mail: rajajohnkonhaus@
> > Www.mvoai.org
> >
> And here is the behind the scenes reality of the
> Movement on Deeksha.
>
> Jacque, the former National Leader of Holland went to
> MMY and told him he had received deeksha, wanted to go
> to India and be initiated into giving deeksha, and
> wanted to give it to the people in the siddha vilage
> in Lelystad. MMY did not endorse this idea nor did he
> attempt to dissuade Jacque from doing this. Many
> people in Lelystad now have received deeksha and a
> number of people have been trained to give it. Jacque,
> on his own decided it might be a conflict of interest
> to remain the National Leader of Holland so he told
> MMY he was stepping down.
> On my 21 day training course there were several
> purusha,one who was sponsored by Jacque to attend, who
> relayed this information to me.
> The fact is many people in the movement are receiving
> deeksha because it gives direct experience of the
> Divine, is not a path or a spiritual technique, has no
> teachings, no scriptures to read nor is obedience or
> loyalty to any gurus needed. It is just pure
> experience.

Are the purusha attending this course still accepted by the TMO as purusha, or
are they
former purusha?
As I see it, there are 3 "legitimate" concerns here for the TMO.  First,
perhaps getting
shaktipat/dishka from another person or tradition somehow connects you with
that new
tradition as well as TM and there might some sort of problem with that. Second,
maybe
the introduction of shaktipat in the midst of TM's delineated unfoldment of
evolution is
not in the person's best interest.  Third, perhaps getting shaktipat is not
such a great
thing unless it is from a Master who knows you are truly ready for it.  Kind of
like working
hard to activate kundalini by certain practices can be dangerous to health and
sanity.
Kundalini and shaktipat feel wonderful. Based on my experience, I think MMY
gives this,
but not so obviously. Probably Amma and SSRS too. As an aside, one of my
children, while
away from home and in college, was initiated into kriya yoga by a disciple of
Yuketeswar
(the other branch in Florida, not Yogananda's).  My son had a fabulous
experience which
sounds like it was part of some sort of shaktipat with kundalini rising.  But
when, many
hours later, the energy faded, he felt horrible, really bad and unstable.
Someone might
want to do some longer term followup on the people receiving the deeksha in
this new
program.