part of todays [EMAIL PROTECTED]
exchange.
steve

Thanks to all for the info.

So, I guess Diksha is a form of shaktipat or
something?

I believe Muktananda gave shaktipat. If an agreed on
definition as i understand it is the transference of
the guru's energy to the disciple, then deeksha is not
shaktipat. I have never heard it refered to by the
deeksha Oneness Movement as shaktipat. A more
appropriate definition might be the laying on of
hands.
Some see the golden light go into the crown chakra.
And virtually everybody feels it enter the body and
then do different things. For some it is physical work
on a part of the body, for some it is bliss and joy,
for some it results in kundalini moving, for others it
is deep peace and quiteness and a few  dont notice
much of anything. Almost all notice work going on in
the head or on the head or both.But it is not anything
that the deeksha giver does. He is merely a wire
between the Divine Presence and the recipient.
While many have immediate mystical experiences it is
pointed out that those experiences are just temporary
(even if reoccurring) experiences. the ultimate effect
is to live an awakened life, a life free from
suffering. Mystical experiences dont necessarily
produce a joyful life.

Message: 16