--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> on 4/8/06 8:09 AM, TurquoiseB at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Laugh while you can, Monkeyboy.
> >
> > (Trivia question here...who can name the movie
> > that the above quote comes from?)  :-)
>
> Buckaroo Banzai?

Give that man a kewpie doll.  :-)

One of the great cult films of all time.

> > And to be even more in your face, death is going to
> > happen -- to YOU -- far sooner than you want it to.
> > You personally are going to DIE within twenty years,
> > and probably closer to ten.
>
> Why so soon? Is Shemp 75?

No particular reason, and it may not be true.  But
he IS going to die, and if he manages to live the
rest of his life as incurious and as unwilling to
exert *any* effort to learn anything new as he has
during the last few years, he'll face that death as
ignorant of what it's all about as he is today.

For some reason, that just struck me as sad this
morning, and so I wrote what I wrote.

Periodically, Shemp decides to trash the Dalai Lama
and Things Tibetan for -- as far as I can tell -- no
other reason than to be a troll and to be provocative.
He knows *nothing* about the Dalai Lama, nothing about
Tibetan history, nothing about Tibetan Buddhism, and
doesn't really *care* to learn anything or intend to
*ever* learn anything about it. Where this subject is
concerned, Shemp is what I termed a "typical American"
-- Ignorant And Proud Of It.

I just got tired of putting up with his troll act
is all, and decided to call him on it.  If he actually
has any desire to *learn* something about Tibet and
its approach to death, dying, and reincarnation, I
will be happy to interact with him.  But for that to
happen, he has to do his homework, and read a book
called "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying," by
Sogyal Rinpoche, Patrick D. Gaffney, and Andrew Harvey.

If he does, I'll interact with him on the subject of
Tibet and its philosophies. If he doesn't, I'll continue
to treat him as the ignorant adolescent he seems content
to be, and to be until he dies.