Comment below:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

**SNIP**

> I do think things here in the unviverse, including me,  run on
autopilot and that the sense
> that I have free will is an illusion. This is based on  TM
meditation - related experiences I
> have had, so I feel pretty convinced of this (while also recognizing
that  first, I probably
> have only experienced a tiny piece of the BIG picture, and second,
the meditation
> technique that gives rise to this may do just that by changing the
brain in specific ways
> related to the technique, but that is another discussion)
Nevertheless, since most of the
> time I have the sensation/illusion that I am controlling my life, I
have no choice but to
> keep on exerting my will and seeking!  And if in the midst of this
world I DO have some
> free will, I am betting it has to do with evolution and related
choices.

**SNIP TO END**

Very well said.  This my experience/POV as well.  In the sense that
sadhana seems to be "progressive", rather than an instantaneous
awakening, the best way I could describe it is a thinning of the ego.
 Can't say it's not there but pretty much the only time it's noticed
are those times when "I" feel annoyed.  When that occurs it doesn't
take much more than a moment's reflection for the feeling to subside.

This life seems to be little more than a "point of view", a way of
interaction.  Things of interest draw my attention and other things don't.