> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anon_couscous_ff <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> > > That may be a story you are comfortable with, as you trot it out
> > > very selectively.
> >
> > Not very selective. But you do answer questions, or respond to
> > observatons, at times. More so than others. Other times, you simply
> > divert and trash the observer, or ignore the quesions. Its maybe
> > 50/50 with you. With others it may be more 90/10, 90% divert and
> > trash.
>
> Are all questions eqally deserving of/amenable to
> "clear and cogent resposnes"?

I understand your point. Not all posts deserve a response. Some
discussion get"insane" and insanely off the original point. And I feel
there is no need to have the last word -- that this does not leave the
impression that the last post is correct. Sometimes it is an act of
mercy, for all concerned, to just end a downward spiralling discussion.

However, I have observed a number of times over the years, that
reasonable questions and observations on the main and original topic
at hand are diverted away. Perhaps others have a similar view.

> Is it meaningful to toss all questions into the same
> bag and calculate the percentages of those answered vs.
> those "diverted and trashed" as if the questions were
> all equivalent units?

Btw, my descriptive statistics above were meant in the most casual
way, as a rough sense of my impression of the scale of sincere
"responding posts" to diverted or ignored ones --  not a carefully
conducted study.