Judy, thanks for the correction; I did a quick search and didn't think
to check and see if this was a separate opinion.  I assumed (and
apparently, incorrectly) that this was from the Court's actual ruling.

Some judges do write with great clarity and those that do, not
infrequently, with great wit and charm.  The opinion I quoted is, I
feel, an accurate and cogent evaluation of the combined TM/SCI
position vis-a-vis religion.

One of the great stories from that case that I heard about was about
Jerry Jarvis  being cross-examined about the puja and its meaning from
plaintiff's attorney.   The lawyer was attempting to get Jerry to
admit that he (and all TM teachers) literally believed everything that
was in the puja -- all the divine stuff -- and therefore, obviously,
TM was a religion.  Jerry repeatedly denied the literalism of the puja
and finally deadpanned that he did not *really* believe that Guru Dev
had lotus feet.
**